Tuesday, September 12, 2017

New knitting pattern for a sweater - Monet

I have found this fabulous yarn from King Cole with colours that reminded me of a Monet painting.  I thought it needed a simple design to show off the yarn, and just lately I much prefer knitting top down and seamless, so designed this easy to knit sweater.

It has raglan sleeves and is knit in stocking stitch with garter stitch bands. Because it is knitted in the round there are no mis-matched stripes.





 
And the yarn is so economical to buy!  I needed just four balls for my size.  It is a lovely cotton mix yarn that drapes well, and washes in the washing machine.  It is a thick and thin yarn which knits to a bulky gauge, so is very quick to knit, and it produces a random lacy look.

I think there may be more Monets in my future knitting plans.

The pattern is available to buy from www.ravelry.com (Monet by Helen Cox) and www.loveknitting.co.uk  (Monet)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...