Friday, September 23, 2011

Christmas is coming

I have tried most crafts in my time, but knitting is my favourite hobby and I just have to knit all the time. I long ago got tired of garments which never seemed to turn out just as I wanted, although I sometimes get tempted by socks and all the lovely patterns on Ravelry.

I have found my niche with miniature knitting (dolls house scale).  I began designing little patterns, which I sold through my website, and developed the business into kits (so customers don't have to buy large amounts of yarn they won't use), books of patterns, yarn and needles suitable for my patterns, also some ready knitted garments.

Knitting isn't popular during the summer, and most of the business is done in the run-up to Christmas, especially with the little ready made sweaters.  Cardigans and anything with colourwork are especially popular.

So at this time of year I spend the evening in front of the TV making little garments - I can usually do one in an evening.  I sell them on ebay  and they go quite well, although I know this is because I don't charge much for them.  I justify it by saying that it is a hobby and I am not in it for the money, and hopefully it also provides some advertising for the webpage.  And I love doing it!

This is a few I have around at the moment


Did I mention that this is just a few???

2 comments:

Jennifer Jain said...

Those little jumpers are so sweet! I love how they are all so different and individual.

The mum of all trades said...

Thank you so much for taking part in Weekend Wonders. Hope to see you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...